The consolidated financial statements have been prepared in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
1. Significant events of the period
The financial position and performance of the Group were particularly affected by the following events and transactions during the reporting period:
- The merger between Holcim and Lafarge announced publicly on April 7, 2014 and effected on July 10, 2015 for a total consideration of CHF 19.5 billion (see note 4);
- The divestments of a number of entities, businesses and assets, carried out as part of a rebalancing of the global portfolio of the combined group resulting from the merger and to address regulatory concerns, for a total proceeds amount of CHF 6.4 billion (see note 4 and note 10);
- The completion, on October 23, 2015 of the squeeze-out procedures initiated on the remaining Lafarge S.A. shares resulting in the delisting of these shares from Euronext Paris (see note 4);
- An impairment charge of CHF 2.7 billion (see note 9, note 22 and note 23); and
- The repurchase of several outstanding bonds issued by LafargeHolcim representing an aggregated nominal amount of CHF 3.0 billion (see note 25).